*tired*

Went to the Anagrafice office this morning to drop off a document that I forgot to bring last week when I applied for residency (necessary for _opening_ a bank account)... even though the woman I spoke with last week told me only to drop off the form for her, I was forced to wait with a number (good news! 7 people before me! It's only an hour wait!). Finally I went up to the window when it was my turn. Internal thought: *oh crap this is the same guy who refused to help me before when I tried to apply for residency few months ago...* but he was very helpful. I told him right away that I was deaf and he asked if I could read lips. I did a nod/shake of the head. Ok so he helped me, got everything straightened out. When he said everything was finished, I said, "e poi?" (and next?) He started telling me all the necessary steps before I can get a carta d'identita' (identity card) when I finally gave him a look of desperation and he agreed to write everything down.

1) I have to wait for the police officers to come to the residence to confirm that I'm actually living there. Around 1 month

2) I have to wait for a letter in the mail from the office confirming that the officers checked my residence and approved. I then need to reply to said letter, confirming their confirmation. Around 1 month

3) Go to the office with 3 copies of photos, passport, permesso di soggiorno, and get the carta d'identita'. Sounds so simple, doesn't it...? 2 more months... *muttering*

I looked at him, struggling to find the verb, finally I said: I go to Rome in July for 6 months. What do I do? His response was, don't say anything to the officers who come.

*sigh*

then I sent a message to Carlo. His response was, why don't you just apply for residency in Genova? ...ormai... *pointing in the direction of the offices...already started the process here...*

... the saga continues ...

No comments:

Google