Parlo Italiano, continued

As you may or may not remember, I've been taking an Italian course with other deaf adults at the local ENS (deaf association) here in Torino. My teacher is deaf, so I really learn 2 languages at the same time. It's great, although my work schedule causes me to miss alot of classes these days.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you some dialogues from Unit 6: Services

All are based on real situations you may experience here in Italy, so I might say, "sad, but true."

At the Post Office
It's not possible! Even this morning at the Post Office there was a long line. I have to send a package and some certified letters. Then I have to pay a tax for my scooter and renew my subscription to the magazine, "Arte 3." When I arrive at the counter, the woman tells me, "I'm out of the forms for the certified letters. Please, can you come back in an hour?" It's not possible! I took a vacation day to do all these things. Then I got in line at the front payment counter. Luckily, everything went fine here.

Comments:
- E-Banking?
- Renew your subscription online or via those little postcard thingies, or over the phone?
- Sending package and certified letters - no escape there
- Paying the tax for the scooter - again, no escape there
- Taking a day off from work to spend it in the Post Office? Lady...

At the Records Office
Woman: I will move to a new house in June. What do I need to do?
Clerk: You must request for a change of residence. Fill out this form.
Woman: All here?
Clerk: No. Wait for the next day for the officers to come. If everything is in order, you will have a new certificate.
Woman: I understand. That's all?
Clerk: No, no. This is only the beginning. You will need to change the address of your identity card, your driver's license, on all of your documents.
Woman: But, I've already a lot to do with the move!
Clerk: And remember the new contract for electricity, water, gas, and telephone.

Comments:
- Can't you just put a sticker on your driver's license with your new address on it?
- Officers, no, I swear I didn't know the Moroccan family was living in my living room.
- Officer, this house was just renovated. No, no, don't go in there... umm... my husband is sleeping. If you disturb him, he will not be happy. Please, do you want some coffee, some Sicilian dessert, some wine from Sardinia? I have a brand new Murano pen with which you can sign this form... No, keep the pen. Think of it as a souvenir.
- It's too complicated to move! No wonder people stay at home with their parents until they get married!

No comments:

Google