Jeg Lat... err... Jet Lag

I never explained the strangeness of my jet lag from the last trip.

I was running on adrenaline the day(s) of my flight because I knew I had an important meeting the afternoon I got back. I arrived in Rome very tired, but awake. I took a short nap (too short!) then a shower and a lunch prepared by Elena's husband Giorgio (the topic of our lunch conversation - they have Empty Nest Syndrome with Giulia in Milan and Bruno in Beijing), I was off for the meeting.

I was awake for the meeting, although at some points I would pause and then forget what I was trying to say. Thankfully they were pretty understanding.

Meeting over, I hopped on the 6 1/2 hour "fast train" to head back to Turin. Carlo surprised me one hour from Turin by hopping on the train at Alessandria. So sweet! We started to catch up on news (impossible to cover everything!), I was tired, but awake.

Carlo took the early morning train back to Genoa so he could go to work on Wednesday morning. I had to teach a class at 11am, but when I woke up at 9, I went through the motions of preparing my coffee (with the metal stove top espresso maker) to realize that there was milk, but there was no coffee left. I made a quick decision and emailed the school to tell them I couldn't make it and hopped back into bed. 7 hours later I woke up feeling refreshed and hungry. I went into the kitchenette and this was what I found:

The 3 pieces of the espresso maker were apart and scattered all over the counter top.

There was water in the bottom part,
the filter was next to a spoon
which was was near the cannister of coffee,
the cover of which was on the other side of the sink.
The top part of the espresso maker was lying on the electric burner of the stove.
The open container of milk was sitting on the other side of the sink
with the little pot I use to heat the milk in.
The jar of honey was partially open and in front of the electric burners.

I must have been tired! I feel tired just typing this!

It took a while to get over the jet lag, I think 2-3 days and then a week to really get back on schedule. Once in a while I still don't feel like going to bed until 2am, but that's just me anyway.

No comments:

Google