James's visit to Torino!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/jamedge/Torino

James made the trek up to the boondocks of what is "not Rome" last weekend. We had a blast eating so much chocolate at the chocolate festival last week (unfortunately I suffered a nasty breakout so I know chocolate is not in my near future until I can get my hands on some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups... *sigh*)

It was a short and sweet visit, and after he made the understatement (in his British accent of course), "Turin is nice," he was absolutely convinced we needed to establish a regional office of the Roberto Wirth Fund in Torino. :-) His justification: "Chocolate, a fantastic market, cheaper rent, bicycles, chocolate, the mountains, people who are polite before they _don't_ run you over when you cross the street, chocolate..." I told him he could have my apartment here and I could take his in Rome. ;-)

Carlo came up as well, with Chiara and Lele, on Saturday night for a show at the local ENS being put on by Rita and Laura. It was great! The topic was, "we must change for the world to change" - they did a great job, a duet for a solid 50 minutes! The forum afterwards was very interesting as well. I think I did a halfway decent job translating from LIS into spoken English... although after about 40-50 minutes I started inserting Italian words here and there and Carlo and I started an intense discussion about one comment that a person made (started when Carlo started signing to himself, "Non sono d'accordo! I don't agree!")! James was a good sport and understood it all. Whew.

All in all it was a full house and it was fun!

No comments:

Google